Mueting Raasch Group (MRG), an Intellectual Property law firm, has an opening for a Patent Attorney specializing in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software, Computer Science, or a related engineering field.
The Patent Attorney will assist clients with intellectual property management and protection including preparation and prosecution of high technology patent applications.
- Provides legal advice and representation to individuals and businesses seeking patent prosecution.
- Evaluates viability of patent requests; completes and files patent applications.
- Maintains knowledge of scientific, technological, and legal developments including completion of continuing legal education.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of technology and scientific developments.
- Thorough understanding of intellectual property law.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high paced, and at times, stress environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 or related software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software, Computer Science, or a related engineering field.
- Juris doctor or equivalent from an accredited law school, required. (Or expected completion).
- Active license to practice law and/or membership in State Bar or pending. Passage of the Bar exam will be condition of employment.
- Registration to practice before the USPTO.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Occasional lifting of objects of up to 20 pounds.
Mueting Raasch Group offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k/profit sharing retirement package. For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, to [email protected]. Please include your salary expectations.
Mueting Raasch Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.