Who we are:
Winthrop & Weinstine is a business law firm of more than 150 attorneys with a deliberate culture of enterprise and fresh thinking. Located in the heart of Minneapolis and with a national reach, we deliver service, smart perspectives and practical outcomes to put the law to work for our clients. At Winthrop & Weinstine, we work together energetically and creatively to achieve our goals. We are committed to dealing with one another fairly, respectfully and honestly to create a healthy stable and collegial organization. Every person in the firm is an integral part of the client service team and contributes to the firm’s, and our clients’, success. Join our nimble force and put the law to work.
What we need:
Winthrop & Weinstine is seeking a hard working full-time Records Scanner to assist the Records Department with a long-term, temporary project of converting physical files to electronic files. The project has an estimated duration of 12 to 18 months. The responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Review paper and electronic files.
- Discern appropriate material for scanning.
- Scan, save, and profile scanned client materials into document management system.
- Create and update index of files saved into document management system.
- Inventory client materials for scanning.
- Securely dispose of physical material.
- Refile scanned material.
- Perform routine administrative duties including data entry.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
- Experience in a law firm, specifically working in litigation, preferred.
- Previous records experience preferred.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Position requires in office presence.
- Ability to perform light keyboarding and analysis regarding client files.
- Ability to lift, maneuver, and carry boxes and files. Requires lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be flexible in schedule and adaptable to constant change.
- Skill with interpersonal relationships and ability to interact with all levels of staff and outside contacts.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy; excellent grammar, proofreading and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions.
- Skill in problem solving.
Winthrop & Weinstine requires COVID-19 vaccination.