Who we are:
Winthrop & Weinstine is a business law firm of more than 150 attorneys with a deliberate culture of enterprise and fresh thinking. Located in the heart of Minneapolis and with a national reach, we deliver service, smart perspectives and practical outcomes to put the law to work for our clients. At Winthrop & Weinstine, we work together energetically and creatively to achieve our goals. We are committed to dealing with one another fairly, respectfully and honestly to create a healthy stable and collegial organization. Every person in the firm is an integral part of the client service team and contributes to the firm’s, and our clients’, success. Join our nimble force and put the law to work.
What we need:
Winthrop & Weinstine is seeking a knowledgeable Legal Administrative Assistant Manager to provide leadership, management, and training to the group of professional Legal Administrative Assistants (LAA) at the firm. The responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze workflow to recommend and implement best practices; focusing on understanding and maintaining workflow, resource allocation and productivity.
- Actively work with Practice Group Leadership to determine best approach to work assignments to ensure seamless client experience.
- Management responsibilities include work scheduling, prioritizing coaching and process execution, as well as performance management and career development.
- Determine attorney assignments to maximize partnerships, confirm coverage and to determine workflow.
- Promote the performance of high quality and consistent work product throughout the department.
- Provide leadership, direction, motivation and coaching to legal administrative assistants.
- Assist/counsel individuals regarding day-to-day problems that may arise and act as an intermediary and mediator of disputes.
- Responsible for planning, initiating, monitoring, tracking and/or prioritizing legal administrative projects and process improvement initiatives, including contract and legal matter administration.
- Develop, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, procedures and productivity standards.
- Work with HR to interview and select candidates for open positions and oversee the training and on-boarding process.
- Maintain up-to-date practical knowledge of firm/group policies and procedures in order to assist, guide, and instruct the staff and group.
- Conduct/participate as leader in any practice group LAA training.
- Train incoming attorneys on how to best work with LAAs, proper billing entries and expense reimbursement.
- Participate with HR in the LAA performance review process.
Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required.
- 3-5 years of management and leadership experience.
- Proven track record of effectively leading teams.
- Ability to coach team members to develop consistency and best in class service.
- Knowledge of practice area and familiarity with legal terminology and procedures.
- Strong word processing skills, including efficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of grammar, proofing and basic administrative skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient use of FileSite electronic documentation.
- Proficient use of on-line intake software to open client matters.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and outside contacts.
- Ability to proficiently produce documents with firm templates.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and follow assignments through to completion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle a large volume of detailed work with accuracy.
- Ability to work well under pressure with deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work within a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills with high regard to confidentiality.
Winthrop & Weinstine requires COVID-19 vaccinations.