Key Position Details:
This position will be a hybrid role. Candidates must be located in Minneapolis/St. Paul area or Western WI.
This position will focus on the defense of litigated matters with an emphasis on medical malpractice. Additionally, this position will provide legal advice and counsel related to clinical care issues. Special expertise in informed consent, EMTALA, civil commitments and provision of care to minors is preferred.
- Independently manages complex claims and litigation matters which pose significant risk to the organization.
- Understands, manages and provides guidance on complex legal issues for one or more significant operating division or function.
- Consults regularly with senior management on matters within area of legal expertise.
- Responsible for managing outside counsel relationships within area of control.
- Drafts, negotiates, and provides assistance regarding complex letters, contracts and instruments.
- Provides legal representation to both volunteer boards of trustees and paid directors.
- Has developed sense of appropriate level of technical detail when communicating complex legal concepts.
- May supervise one or more paraprofessionals. May also train one or more subordinate attorneys.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in law required
- 7+ years of extensive experience representing health care clients or practicing in other area of specialty required and
- Licensed Lawyer - State of Minnesota required upon hire