Lathrop GPM, has an immediate opening for a Practice Management Coordinator. This position can be located in our Kansas City, MO or Minneapolis, MN offices.
Lathrop GPM is a full-service, Am Law 200 law firm with offices in Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Jefferson City, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Overland Park, St. Cloud, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable hybrid working environment.
The Practice Management Coordinator is responsible for supporting the firm’s Practice Management department. This position will work closely with the Senior Manager - Practice Support and Directors - Practice Management in developing, managing, and organizing select practice groups and performing many administrative duties to help ensure efficiency and enhance workflow.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides operational support to assigned Directors – Practice Management and their practice groups.
• Provides coordination and support to the end of year Individual Practice Plan and evaluation process including preparing financial reports for individual meetings, scheduling meetings, and disseminating information
• Schedules practice group meetings and prepares agenda items
• Monitor missing time reports and compliance of Firm’s time entry policies
• Assist with the coordination and execution of practice group specific professional development sessions
• Assist Directors – Practice Management and Practice Group Leaders with the implementation and tracking of the practice group strategic plan.
• Assists with monitoring email inboxes for departed attorneys
• Provides back-up support to the Directors – Practice Management
• Works closely with Practice Management Assistant on various department projects
• Coordinates with the Legal Talent team on initial orientation of new associates, laterals and paralegals
• College degree preferred
• At least two years of experience at a law firm or other professional services company preferred
• Must be self-motivated and possess strong initiative
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; strong follow-through skills are essential
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; proofreading skills a must
• Excellent client service skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is essential
We celebrate and support diversity and the benefits it brings to our workplaces, clients and communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is the employment policy and practice of Lathrop GPM to recruit and hire employees without discrimination because of race, color, sex, gender, religion, age, national origin, military status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.
Lathrop GPM LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment. Lathrop GPM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Lathrop GPM without prior approval from the HR Manager will be considered unsolicited and the property of Lathrop GPM.
EOE/M/F/D/V NO PHONE CALLS