Who we are:
Winthrop & Weinstine is a business law firm of more than 150 attorneys with a deliberate culture of enterprise and fresh thinking. Located in the heart of Minneapolis and with a national reach, we deliver service, smart perspectives and practical outcomes to put the law to work for our clients. At Winthrop & Weinstine, we work together energetically and creatively to achieve our goals. We are committed to dealing with one another fairly, respectfully and honestly to create a healthy stable and collegial organization. Every person in the firm is an integral part of the client service team and contributes to the firm’s, and our clients’, success. Join our nimble force and put the law to work.
What we need:
Winthrop & Weinstine is seeking a knowledgeable and driven Legal Administrative Assistant to work in our Regulatory and Health Law Practice Area - someone with strong attention to detail who can prioritize the workload for busy attorneys. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a close-knit team provides a challenging opportunity and an enjoyable workplace. The responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare correspondence, documents, and agreements, including document comparisons and conversions, manipulation of pdf documents, editing and scanning.
- Electronically file litigation pleadings and other documents with state, federal and appellate courts, both locally and nationally.
- Handle docketing of court scheduling orders, briefing schedules and other court mandated conferences, dates and other litigation requirements.
- Maintain electronic client files, including electronic pleadings and indices, as well as original pleadings and client documents.
- Review, edit and finalize attorney and paralegal time entries and manage client invoices.
- Provide general legal administrative support, including calendar management, scheduling and arranging attorney and client meetings, conferences and depositions, responding to and handling routine correspondence and making reservations/appointments.
- Coordinate travel arrangements (e.g. accommodations, transportation, and shipment of any needed materials) and report expenses.
- Provide quality, responsive customer service to clients, attorneys and co-workers.
Qualification and Skills:
- At least two years of business litigation legal administrative assistant experience in a law firm preferred.
- Organize and prioritize work, and follow through with assignments to completion.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills, including attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment and work well under pressure, especially with court deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft suite and familiarity with FileSite electronic documentation.
Winthrop & Weinstine requires COVID-19 vaccinations.