The Counsel role is responsible for providing a range of cost-effective, high quality legal services while representing Travelers. The Counsel position handles moderately complex legal matters, requiring an established degree of knowledge and expertise.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid.
Corporate Governance - Advise on matters relating to corporate governance, including the following:
▫ developments, trends and practices in corporate governance;
▫ development and interpretation of corporate policies and procedures related to corporate governance;
▫ compliance with regulations applicable to executive compensation and disclosure;
▫ implementation of insider trading policy procedures;
▫ assessment and reporting of directors’ independence, expertise, and qualifications; and
▫ compliance with New York Stock Exchange governance and other listing standards
● SEC Reporting – Assist with SEC compliance and disclosure matters, including proxy statement and Section 16 filings. Analyze new disclosure rules and advise on implementation.
● Board Operations - Assist in managing board operations and coordinate matters relating to board of directors and committee meetings, including preparation of meeting materials, board resolutions and minutes.
● Shareholder Meeting - Assist in preparation for annual meeting of shareholders, including preparation of proxy statement and meeting planning.
● Subsidiary Management - Provide legal counsel relating to subsidiary management, including entity formations, transactions and dissolutions and oversight of annual report and other filings for subsidiary companies.
● Special Projects/Other - Perform other projects and duties as assigned, including assisting with due diligence on strategic and other transactions and advice and assistance on other projects involving legal issues.
This role acts as an individual contributor.