Under appropriate attorney supervision, review, draft and negotiate a variety of supplier contracts for technology and services. Work collaboratively with Corporate Procurement, the business, and other stakeholders as part of the vendor contracting process. This job does not manage others.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Review, draft and negotiate confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, product evaluation agreements, training services agreements, hotel and events contracts, equipment lease/purchase and maintenance agreements, telecommunications agreements, website terms and conditions, end user license agreements, professional services agreements, technology product and service agreements, including data security terms, software license and maintenance agreements, software as a service, and related statements of work, ordering documents, amendments and addenda.
- Serve as primary point of contact with business customers and vendors for self-service NDAs (including the review/negotiation of vendor edits, processing NDAs for signature, and answering questions about executed and in-flight NDAs), compile and track relevant metrics regarding the self-service NDA process, and suggest improvements to the self-service workflow.
- Determine appropriate contract templates, modify templates as necessary and develop supplementary contract language as needed for specific supplier transactions.
- Work collaboratively with legal resources and Corporate Procurement to identify gaps between proposed contract terms and identified business requirements.
- Respond to inquiries regarding terms in existing contracts, and assist business customers in understanding contract provisions. Initiate and participate in various projects and identify opportunities to support department and company goals and requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience drafting and negotiating technology products and services agreements, including data security terms, and software license and maintenance agreements, professional services agreements, telecommunications agreements and orders, software as a service agreements, and equipment lease/purchase and maintenance agreements.
- Experience negotiating general services agreements, including events and hotel, and training agreements.
- Experience with self-service contracts and related workflow processes and platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills enabling timely and proactive identification and communication of contract-related issues and risks.
- Solid interpersonal skills enabling interaction with various stakeholders to identify issues and recommend solutions.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating supplier contracts, including confidentiality agreements, evaluation agreements, technology-related contracts, statements of work and similar ordering documents, amendments, addenda, training agreements, and general services agreements (e.g., hotel and events).
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.