Maslon LLP is seeking a mid-level Corporate and Securities Paralegal with 7-10 years of experience. Since our inception over 60 years ago, Maslon has successfully competed for top-flight legal work in this community and nationally. We are proud of our strong commitment to integrity and excellence in the practice of law, service to our community and to each other. In our 60-plus years we have grown into a top Minnesota law firm while understanding the value of holding true to our culture.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Performs assignments in support of attorneys. Duties will include:
• Prepare documents for entity formations, mergers and dissolutions.
• Prepare written actions, amendments and maintains entity ownership records.
• Draft secretary’s certificates, bylaws, operating agreements and resolutions.
• Assist with the preparation and filing of UCCs.
• Prepare stock option agreements and stock certificates; maintains stock ledgers.
• Prepare applications for federal employer identification numbers.
• Prepare documents to qualify entities in other states.
• Research and analysis of facts in connection with preparation of other related documents as requested by attorneys.
• Assist with due diligence for business transactions.
• Organization and maintenance of electronic and paper files.
• Preparation of firm responses to audit letter requests for clients’ entities.
• Maintenance of calendar of entity annual filings and actions for which firm is responsible.
• Direct written and oral communication with clients.
• Redline and proofread documents
• Maintenance of tickler system.
• Accurate recording of time for billing purposes.
• Processing of filing invoices as directed by attorney.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge and experience in Corporate and Securities practice area.
• Real Estate experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading and editing.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a remote environment
• Ability to be a proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context.
• Ability to work with a variety of personalities in sometimes stressful situations.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to organize and maintain electronic and paper files.
• Ability to prioritize and manage projects, and remain calm and on task under pressure.
• Intermediate to advanced software skills including Word and Excel
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree with a certificate in paralegal studies from an accredited program or extensive experience in the practice area.
Maslon is an Equal Opportunity Employer