We are looking for a Legal Assistant to serve our Domestic Relations Group in Taft’s Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant with 3+ years’ experience to support our Domestic Relations group in the Minneapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Edits and proofreads highly sensitive and confidential documents. This requires proactive review for, and the ability to relay relevant discrepancies/inconsistencies.
- Monitors deadlines and calendars; calendaring due dates and appointments; scheduling and conducting telephone conferences.
- Contacts clients as directed for information and maintains client contacts.
- File and electronic-file documents with courts.
- Assist assigned attorneys and paralegals with internal processes and procedures, and generally administratively facilitating the practice of law.
- Maintains electronic case files, including responsibility for organizing and indexing large volumes of documents.
- Processes and tracks requests for payment and reimbursements.
- Assists attorneys in managing client contacts, emails, and hard copy documents.
- Exhibits outstanding client service when greeting guests, scheduling meetings, and conducting telephone conferences.
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality in work performed.
- Supports the billing process, including initial review and comment on BIMs, editing BIMs, obtaining, preparing, and/or updating reports, preparing cover letters and/or emails, following up on client and attorney inquiries.
- Independently performs administrative duties such as proofing, editing, and releasing attorney time entries; registering, calendaring, and reporting CLEs; requesting and following up on reimbursements and other related tasks.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office programs; desire to maintain and upgrade excellent technical skills and to learn new software
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, [email protected].