The Intellectual Property Counsel will be responsible for protecting the company's intellectual property interests. The role requires the attorney to both manage and perform direct work on many intellectual property and other legal matters, including patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, trade law, privacy, IT support, technology/operations and litigation matters.
- Directly manage the global IP portfolio, including trademarks and patents, to ensure timely filing, renewals, cancellations, etc.
- Succeed invention disclosure and trade secret protection processes effectively and in compliance with state and federal laws
- Govern IP litigation, enforcement and trade-related matters
- Conduct IP searches and analyses thoroughly and efficiently
- Establish close partnerships with Research and Development, IT, and Marketing teams
- Actively monitor industry legal and business developments
- Work on technology related legal matters and projects including digital transformation of legal department
- Perform a variety of ad hoc legal matters
- Coach, mentor, and develop Paralegal and empower employee to take responsibility as well as delegate administrative tasks
- Provide assistance with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Registered Patent Attorney with USPTO is required
- Extensive experience and proven working knowledge of trademarks, copyrights, patents, and IP litigation management
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well cross-functionally with business and R&D professionals
- Strong prioritization skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and quickly adjust to shifting priorities and/or demanding deadlines when necessary
- Highly adaptable in a fast-moving and dynamic work environment
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Influential skills to gain support and inspire others
- Professional demeanor as well as tremendously reliable and punctual
- Strong sense of urgency in completing work with the ability to multitask
- Capability to work well both independently and with a team
Education: Law Degree and Registered Patent Attorney with the USPTO required, Degree in Engineering preferred
Experience: 3-5 years' Intellectual Property Law experience in a law firm or corporation required
Systems: Google Suites, Microsoft Office
Travel: May be required to travel to other Cambria locations
Physical: This is an office positions requiring telephone and computer use
Cambria offers a competitive benefits package that encompasses your health and well-being, financial health, retirement planning, and time-off.
Please note this job descrition is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activites, duties or responsibilites that are required of the emplyee for this job. Duties, responsibilites and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For additional company information, please visit www.cambriausa.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/W/VET/DISABLED