Who we are:
Winthrop & Weinstine is a business law firm of more than 130 attorneys with a deliberate culture of enterprise and fresh thinking. Located in the heart of Minneapolis and with a national reach, we deliver service, smart perspectives and practical outcomes to put the law to work for our clients. At Winthrop & Weinstine, we work together energetically and creatively to achieve our goals. We are committed to dealing with one another fairly, respectfully and honestly to create a healthy stable and collegial organization. Every person in the firm is an integral part of the client service team and contributes to the firm’s, and our clients’, success. Join our nimble force and put the law to work.
What we need:
Winthrop & Weinstine is seeking a knowledgeable and driven Legal Administrative Assistant to work in our Real Estate Finance Department - someone with strong attention to detail who can prioritize the workload for busy attorneys. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a close-knit team provides a challenging opportunity and an enjoyable workplace. The responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Draft and revise organizational documents.
- Create and help maintain closing checklists.
- Act as a liaison between attorney and client, facilitating communication and transmittal of necessary information.
- Advise and communicate regularly with team regarding status of client matters.
- Assist team with deal closings.
- Handle closing books and other related post-closing matters.
- Send and track signature pages and original documents.
- Calendar important deal closing dates.
- Keep clients’ electronic files up to date with current organizational documents.
- Monitor attorney inbox and electronically file client matters.
- Open client files.
- Process client invoices and attorney reimbursements.
- Process document comparisons.
- Form entities and obtain certificates from the Secretary of State and IRS.
- Complete other projects and assignments as assigned.
Qualification and Skills:
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy; excellent grammar, proofreading and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment and work well under pressure with deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and follow assignments through to completion.
- Strong initiative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Box or similar cloud storage software.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft suite and familiarity with FileSite electronic documentation.
- At least one year of corporate legal administrative assistant experience in a law firm preferred.
- Interest in real estate industry.